Nov 9, 2013

[HiKorea Hostel(Guesthouse) in Haeundae, Busan] Seomyeon Café Street, Café Mug


 Did you have a nice lunch? Now we will head for a sweet dessert. If you walk towards the Bujeon library from the main street of Seomyeon there is the café street. There are many cafes lined up with distinctive atmospheres of each. I like this street because I think the real worth of Seomyeon comes from this street which is quiet and noisy and the same time. It’s nice to read a book for hours sipping on a cup of coffee, and it’s also nice to have a chat with friends. Every single café is charming and chic so you can get nice photos even with the camera of your phone. There is a café that I always visit when I come here, but I walked on a little more to visit a new place. If you pass the ‘Goongrimaru’ besides the sign called the ‘Jeonpo Café Street’ and go straight up you can see the place, the café ‘Mug.’



 Because of the hot weather I ordered patbingsu(red bean sherbert) and lemonade, and I think I was so used to the 3 time vibration bell that we receive at the franchise cafes. I was so impressed at the natural(?) kindness of the employee who said she will bring the drinks for me if I stay at my seat. Taking a glimpse behind, I found a young female owner grinding the lemon. The people who visit the café at the café street for the first time get surprised at the cost that is almost the same as a franchise café’s, because we normally think a café owned by an individual is cheaper. But don’t be disappointed at the expensive cost. You will know when you receive the drink. The difference between the lemonade which is made from lemon syrup and the lemonade made from grinded real lemon. There are a lot of nuts in the patbingsu also (I found out for the first time this day that the ‘soboru’ of the soboru bread was a kind of a nut.). Tasty drinks at a cool café, I take breath at the relaxation that I feel after a long time.


 There are small frames filling up one side of the wall, and each table is decorated with cute little props. The photos that were taken by a film camera are pretty impressive. A friend that has visited this place often says that there are more photos than last time. Maybe I’ll get to see the whole wall covered with photos someday. Looking around slowly, I found out that there isn’t any space that the touch of a person hasn’t been through. Spending time chatting after finishing the lemonade and the patbingsu, the owner came and said that she will refill the drink with a cup of Americano. I was impressed provincially at the service I have never experienced before.

If you can’t make up your mind on which café to visit at Seomyeon, if no other place if of your favor, why don’t you visit this place, Mug? You will definitely like the full sunshine that shines through the huge window.

No comments:

Post a Comment